For those of you in the UK there is a really interesting conference in a few weeks time in York. The organisation Earth Build UK is having a conference on ‘The use of earth and clay plasters’. The organisation aims to promote and support building with earth in the UK by:
- promote earth building in contemporary construction
- assist the recognition, understanding and significance of earth buildings
- foster traditional skills and promote new technologies
- network our membership to promote earth building locally, nationally and internationally
- research and develop technical understanding
- share experience and knowledge through a program of seminars and annual conferences.
The conference is on 13th January and includes talks by Tom Morton (Arc Architects http://www.arc-architects.com/), Annabel Fawcus (EarthedWorld http://earthedworld.co.uk/), Ben Gourley (University of York), Nigel Copsey (Earth, Stone and Lime company http://www.nigelcopsey.com/), Andrew Heath (BRE Centre for Innovative Construction Materials, University of Bath http://www.bath.ac.uk/bre/), Adam Weismann and Katy Bryce (Clayworks http://www.clay-works.com/), Barbara Jones (Straw Works http://strawworks.co.uk/) and Neil May (Natural Building Technologies www.natural–building.co.uk).
The conference fee for EBUK members is £42.00. This includes refreshments and lunch. If you are not already an EBUK member the conference fee is £63.00 (this includes a full year’s membership of EBUK).
One thought on “Earth Building UK Conference 2012”
I definitely attend this conference.